Friday, April 19, 2013

My Thoughts Today,

I am writing today in my own words about the tragic few days we have endured as a country.

The one absolute positive in every single story is how the VOLUNTEERS of each and every community hit by the sadness and loss and all communities across the nation, have been the one group of people that has given of their time so free and unselfishly.

Many Volunteers in West, Texas have lost their lives by helping others....
Who were the first people that ran to help the hurt and injured in Boston, the volunteers...

This is exactly why I have been a very active volunteer for over 25 years...The giving to others make you complete and whole.  If you have never volunteered, I implore you to get out in your community and find an organization that needs you, a school, a family, a church, a shelter....please.
Volunteering knows no age...I have 6 year old children who help with project at their school or church, and I have worked with hundreds of women volunteering into their 90's at hospitals...
Our world is definitely in need of strong communities...we build these through Volunteerism...
I send my prayers to all those hurt, suffering loss, and devastation.

Sincerely,
Meg Nicholas  

No comments:

Post a Comment